8.22.2011

Do you have YOUR calendar ready for back to school?


School has started in some parts of the country already and if it hasn't started yet, it will probably start right after Labor Day. Everyone has a hectic schedule, so keeping it all organized is especially important. I recommend taking the time before school starts or at the beginning of the school year to spend some time coordinating calendars (mom's, dad's, kid's, etc.) with the school year's events.

Taking time in the beginning of the year will pay off in the end. As soon as a school calendar comes out, update yours and update the "family" calendar. Include all days that kids will be out of school so you can plan ahead for alternative care and activities. Include all professional days for the same reasons. Also include all extra-curricular activities.

What calendar do you use? Are you more visual and like to write things down? Or are you more productive with an electronic calendar? I have realized that I am more "visual" and still write my calendar because I like to see my appointments and obligations. In year's past I have used the Mom Agenda but this year I am going to be switching things up! Stay tuned.


No comments: